Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Little Visit with Sherrilyn Kenyon in NYC

Dateline: August 15, 2008. Place: Borders at Columbus Circle in NYC.

Me and my friend Justine played hooky from work on Friday to head into the city to meet one of my favorite authors--Sherrilyn Kenyon aka Kinley MacGreggor. She is the author of the Dark Hunter series, the B.A.D. series, Lords of Avalon series, and the Brotherhood of the Sword series--all awesome.

After stopping for dinner first at our favorite pub - Stout's, 133 West 33rd Street Website - we headed up to Columbus Circle and got inside the bookstore just in time: It started to majorly downpour.

We got in and Justine went on ahead to the back of the bookstore where Sherrilyn was already underway in her Q&A session. Apparently they started early. I grabbed a book for my friend Nancy and a package of bookplates for several of my Keep members and then joined Justine in line.

It took us three hours to finally get up to see her. During our wait, they were raffling off all kinds of Dark Hunter stuff...I won an "Under the Protection of Acheron" button and a promotional card for his book. They had this really cute guy posing as a Dark Hunter, who was doling out the prizes from the raffle. Here's a pic of me with him:


Sherrilyn is wonderful! She is warm and witty and immediately puts you at ease when speaking to her. She signed my book, Nancy's book and five bookplates for my Keepers. Justine got her book signed as well and then we had our picture taken with her:



I even got to try on the Acheron leather coat that was used in her promotional trailer:



The other great part of the night was that I was able to meet up with Christine (see her blog link below) and also met up with some other friends from JR Ward's BDB boards. It was a great night and great fun. If you ever have the chance to go and see her, do it. She's a wonderful person and her books are awesome! Sherrilyn Kenyon's Website: Dark Hunters

2 comments:

Nancy said...

OMG!!! awesome pictures. I am so happy that you got to see SK and enjoy all the Acheron goodies.

I wish I could have been there. Thank you for thinking of me. Your the best...xoxoxoxo

Christine said...

Great pictures!
I feel so foolish that we didn't get to spend more time together. Maybe we can meet some weekend afternoon for coffee half way between our houses.

Zazzle Shop for The Mist


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.

Followers

Total Pageviews