Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Proof Copy Has Arrived!

I am holding in my hot little hands the proof copy of The Sagittary. I am supposed to be checking it out, making sure all the pages, illustrations, cover, etc are as I want it.

Instead, I sit and stare at it.

All 739 pages.

It took me a year to write it. To put down to paper a story that was floating around inside my head...possibly even started out as a bit of a dream that I remembered. That sounds more plausible, as that's where most of my ideas come from.

My big, bulky manuscript is now compact and tidy in this one, small package. There is a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. Not sure if it's excitement, concern or dread. I feel all of that. I still feel that slight reluctance to let my baby go out into the big, harsh world.

I hope it will take those who read it away from their day-to-day for awhile. I hope not too many people hate it. I hope some people like it.

I hope.

No comments:

Zazzle Shop for The Mist


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.

Followers

Total Pageviews