Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Decision is Made

*takes a deep breath*

OK. I've decided to go ahead and publish my first novel through BookSurge, a subsidiary owned by Amazon.com. I figure it can't hurt any, giving my book a little 'push' as it were. Plus, I'll be listed along side the heavy hitters on Amazon as well. And that's a good thing.

So now I'm faced with decisions. What do I want on the cover? What colors do I want? What font? What size book? I am assured by my personal assistant that the process is relatively painless. I can only hope.

But now I'm a little nervous. This book is my baby. My private story. My hidden fantasy. It's a part of me that I must let go of to send it out into the big scary world. I hope I can pry my fingers from the edges of the pages and do it. It's one thing to let friends, family and coworkers read your stuff; you know you'll always get it safely back. Once it's out in the real world, the comfort of control is gone. I hope I can do it. It's like a double-edged sword. I want to publish it, but at the same time, I'm not totally sure I do.

*shrugs*

My wonderful brother-in-law has offered to do the illustration for the cover. He is a wonderful artist and I can't wait to work with him on it. He owns a software company that writes programs for novelists and screenwriters. You can visit his site here: http://www.screenplay.com

*takes another deep breath*

I guess I'd better get going on my editing. I've finally a deadline to meet.

3 comments:

dd03 said...

*SQUEES for you*

Congrats, girlie!
So happy for you!

Christine said...

That's very exciting!! I say GO FOR IT!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the book cover! :)

TheMavenMaker said...

Just finished reading your book. It is delicious. A story so well told that I was there with Tessa, Darien and all the other players in this race to save a noble breed and the fulfillment of each others destiny. Well done I look forward to the next adventure from the mist.

Zazzle Shop for The Mist


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.

Followers

Total Pageviews