Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON

Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Editing Process

It's been a while and I'd thought I'd post just to let you know how things are going. I am almost done with the first run-through of edits (Kimmi, you are just wonderful, girl! Muah!) and I've learned something very important about myself.

I am a 'tensenotard.'

Not 'tense', as in I need a massage, but 'tense' as in I seem to move from the past to the future inside of one sentence.

Now I realize that my character in the book that is currently undergoing editing can time travel, but apparently it's not good that I can and it is making my beloved editor's head spin. And this is not good.

But with her guidance I seem to be catching the hang of it. It is definitely a learning experience, and a welcome one at that.

So, we are progressing well and once the first set of edits is done, we're going to give it another run through to make sure we have caught all my transgressions and that the story now flows smoothly with minimal bumps. After that, it's getting my cover and separator designs done and we should be good to go to press.

Thanks for checking in. *wink*

3 comments:

Kim said...

You are a sweetie, Terri! You crack me up! DOH! Uhhh I am NOT surfing the net! (scurries back to desktop) (voice floats back into the MYST) See?! I am working!! Yup!
MWuah! ;)

Christine said...

Hi Terri!
I think a lot of people do that. Especially when they are writing about other people's thoughts, actions, or words. I guess that's where a good editor comes in! :)
Happy writing, baby girl!

*waves* Hi Kimmi!

dd03 said...

*snickers* tensenotard.
That's a good one! ;p

So very exciting to see how far along you are!

Congrats on every thing girlie!

Zazzle Shop for The Mist


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.

Followers

Total Pageviews